oberg lift

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oberg lift
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:41:54 -0700
I pulled the whole engine/transmission out of my 79 B last summer, using
a rented hoist from an equipment rental store.  With two people working
(me little, 5'7", and my dad, big, 6'1"), we were able to grab a hold
and move it about, admittedly with the head off the engine at the time.
The real problem we had was remating the engine and transmission outside
the car, and then getting the dang engine and tranny mounts to line up
again.
If you were trying to pull the engine alone, then a tilt would really
help, but other than that, seems like a lot of money for what you could
just as easily monkey around with.
FWIW
In other news, I have finally taken care of my overheating problems
(cracked head), and i only had to suffer the indignity of paying someone
else to do the work.  But now the car is reliable (for now, for once),
because I didn't have a lot of time between school and work.
i remember there was an MG event in Phoenix over the summer, but I
haven't heard about much since then.  Anyone from Arizona on the list,
and have info on clubs, events, etc.? hearing all the stories makes me
want to get into rallying and just hanging out with other
angloautophiles.
i'll shut up for now
Mike Jose
79 B