Re: Clutch Bleeding, was Clutch problems, 77B

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding, was Clutch problems, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:57:08 -0800 (PST)
All,
Thanks for the advice on my clutch problems.  Based on
what I have heard, the most likely culprit is the
slave cylinder as that is where I have seen the fluid
weeping from for a while.  This car is unrestored
accept for the things I have done to it over the last
4 years.

The master cylinder looks like the original to me as
well as the slave.  I'll probably end up buying the
package deal with the MC and SC, replace the slave and
the flex hose first.  Then replace the MC if that
doesn't solve it or when needed.  I don't have alot of
time on the weekends these days or else I would do the
whole deal up front.

Could someone give me an estimated time for a fairly
experienced shadetree mechanic to replace the:

master cylinder
slave cylinder
Flex hose
Bleed

I'll take that time, triple it, and know how long it
will take :)

Ed...you out there to give me a quote on the package
deal???

Again,
Thanks for the help list.

Tom