Chrome Strip on MGB Metal Dash Glove Boxes

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome Strip on MGB Metal Dash Glove Boxes
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:35:33 -0500
How does one remove this?  There is no way to access the back of the chrome
strip from the opposite side of  the glove box door.  I ran around the edges
with a pocket knife, lightly trying to pry it off, afraid I was going to wreck
it and stopped.

Reason for removal, repainting the dash... need to remove old paint and then to
apply primer and paint.  The chrome is still in very good condition, otherwise
I'd just tear it off.

Kai