Re: SU Adjustments (LONG!) was: Float Height Issue

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Adjustments (LONG!) was: Float Height Issue
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:40:41 -0400
OK Max and others;

If you want to have a real eye opening "practical" educational event,
install an O2 sensor driven Air/Fuel Meter in your car. Tune your carb(s)
with your Colortune, your balancer, your best ear, whatever, and if you are
like any other normal human being, you will be lucky to be able to tell the
difference in mixture adjustment within 1/2 turn.

Then watch your A/F Meter.You can move the meter right off the
stoichiometric point with 1/4 turn. Can't see it on the tach, hear it in the
exhaust, but you can see it on the meter. Very small adjustments make a
significant difference. Probably why some times your "tuning" efforts are
better than others.....Fuel level height is one of those variables that make
this so much fun.

Dave Munroe