Re: Ignition Light

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>,
Subject: Re: Ignition Light
From: "Bill Mills" <williem@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:18:02 -0500
I kept having intermittent ignition light glowing and depleted the battery
on a couple of occasions.  I check my alternator belt and it seemed to be
tight enough.  Then a fellow lister mentioned to check to see if the sides
of the V-belt were glazed (they were).  He said that if the sides of the
belt are worn down and the sides are glazed the belt is probably bottoming
out in the pulleys and slipping at speed.  A new belt cured my woes.

Bill Mills
'74 'BGT