Wire Wheel Conversion Advice

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheel Conversion Advice
From: Dave <hearts@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:29:38 -0600
I am about to start converting my '74B from steel wheels to wire
wheels.  I have all the parts (yeah right)  and I am ready to get the
job underway in the next couple weeks.  Given all you wire wheel
experts,  I could sure use some advice before starting the job as to
what to expect. Any tips on which ones to start on (front or back
easier?), special clearances or tolerances, any special "tricks", etc.
I am a little confused on the shims for the front wheels as to how many,
size, tolerances I am going for, etc. Have not really researched this
too much yet.  Any advice before I start this job would be appreciated.
I want to make sure I do it right and safe!  Thanks all!

Dave Ciaccio
'74B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list