Re: Is the Air Pump Really Necessary

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is the Air Pump Really Necessary
From: mup1dm <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:07:53 +0000
As far as I know Ohio still has two sorts of tests for emissions.If you are in
an EPA "bad" zone, then you get a dynomometer
tailpipe check. If you are in a good zone, then you get a visual
inspection that the equipment on your car matches the equipment
on the emissions sticker. I must admit that I am a bit out of
touch, but it is one reason why an air-pump would be required
for emissions inspection while not actually necesary or desirable
from an emissions point of view. I even heard somewhere that
air injections systems can confuse the modern testing equipment
thus causing unusually high readings.

This is just a bunch of random memories that may not have any
relation to the truth.

Douglas McKinnie

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list