Re: MG 2001

To: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG 2001
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:38:25 -0600
At 9:41 AM -0500 3/29/01, Edwin McCarroll wrote:
>  While the fun is in getting there, unhappiness is in not getting
>there and several drivers , while their cars have not let them down
>on shorter trips, are evaluating the risks of a serious problem
>stranding them in the middle of nowhere without good help and parts
>source.    There will be no back-up vehicles.

>Any suggestions for instilling faith in these doubting Thomas'?

We go on the road for extended trips regularly. We generally take the
following: Ingition parts (points, condensers, rotors, distributor
cap, fuel pump (generic variety that works both negative and positive
ground, a generator, an alternator and each driver is responsible for
their own water pump. We spread the spare parts throughout the cars.
We take these pieces as they are about the only ones that will leave
you walking. We did once have a generator pully brake, so if yours
are older you may consider taking one of these. This is about all
that will leave you walking.

Have fun and enjoy the trip!
--
Bob Shaw