Re: MGB (and TD) aerodynamics

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB (and TD) aerodynamics
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:20:05 -0700
I totally believe that paper towel story. The cockpit of a roadster (or at
least of roadsters dating before computer simulation of aerodynamics)
creates immense turbulence at speed. One's hair, for example, blows straight
forward, rather than back (as cartoonists would have it). It seems to be the
air rushing in to fill the low pressure zone behind the windscreen. I have
to adjust my cap so tight it leaves a red line on my forehead to keep it
from blowing off at 70mph (I have to wear the cap to keep my hair from
lashing my eyes out... I could get a haircut, I suppose, but what's the fun
in that?).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149