Re: Weber DGV's in MGB's

To: "Konrad Crist" <crscapps@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV's in MGB's
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:40:11 +0930
> Without being criticized too badly ... does anyone have any helpful,
> specific tuning and setup advice (or links, references, etc.) concerning
> getting a Weber DGV carburettor working properly on a '72 MGB? I am
> rebuilding the HIFs and will run the weber this year. (I am curious to
see
> the difference between them.)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Konrad Crist

Konrad, I bought my B with a DGV fitted. It ran very nicely. I removed the
DGV and fitted twin SUs. I immediately discovered my motor had torque, had
a mid range, and revved. You already have the HIFs, and my experience with
these (on the last B) was that they are fine carbies. So, my tuning advice
for your DGV is to sell the thing, and use the proceeds to buy a rebuild
kit for the HIFs.

Cheers
Richard
76 B - twin SUs, lowered, warm motor - yeah, she's finally a real MG