Freeze plugs

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freeze plugs
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 10:19:52 -0700
What's the technique for installing freeze plugs?  Usually I'll have the
machine shop put them in for me.  My buddies block came back without
them.  I've always tapped them in and then whacked em in the middle with
the ball end of a ball peen hammer putting a small dent in the middle.
I've never had one leak from the machine shop but I've had a couple leak
that I've done.

Dennis
67 mgb

btw..  The tour to Santa Cruz with the MGOC was gorgeous yesterday.  the
weather was a little cool with sunny skies.  We left Cupertino with
about 14 cars, mostly B's, a TD, a bug eye, a couple af A's and a Magnet
and an 1100.  A Triumph TR 250 even tagged along.  We drove Hwy. 9
through the Santa Cruz Mountains turned off through Big Basin Redwood
Park and eventually down to Santa Cruz.. A very nice drive..  Saw Max in
his red B with the silver boot lid...

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list