Re: Club Membership

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club Membership
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:30:08 +0000
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 10:20 AM 4/15/2001 -0400, Barrie Robinson wrote:
> >Isn't it strange how people think being big is a good thing??  It's
> >like this "world class" syndrome.
>
> This is mostly out of curiosity, but I'm not at all sure what you're
> getting at here.  Are you implying that big is not good?

Seeing as I started (or kicked along) this size thing, I just have to
say that I think that I (personally) would get bored with a single
register (model) club.

I love the fact that I can wander around the parking lot at our monthly
meetings looking at Y-types, T-types, A's and B's (from almost every
year) and F's (plus a couple of RV8s) and talking to their owners about
their particular issues.  It is like wandering around the candy store or
hardware store window shopping.

The T-register is very active and their monthly get-togethers are, as
are all functions, open to all members and attract lots of non-T owners.

I love the whole marque and being able to get up-close and personal
without the running/repair/restoration expenses - one day I might own
one of these other models and will know a lot about their idiosyncrasies
- and I will know other owners to go to for assistance.

No matter how much we prefer to believe that size is not important in
other areas of life, in this case I love it.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///