On Carpets, Seats, and Autumn Leaf vs. Beige

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: On Carpets, Seats, and Autumn Leaf vs. Beige
From: Justin Lehrer <justinl8@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am about to order new seats, and carpets for my '79 B and am seeking any and
all advice from those out there that have been through this before:

Carpets:
- Anyone have experience with the "budget" carpet sets?  From what I
understand, they are not molded to fit the trans. tunnel.  Are they also
thinner?  Share your experiences....

- Any recommendations on particular insulation or padding I should get for
underneath?

- My interior was orginially Autumn Leaf I think, but the carpets I currently
have are black (but there is some autumn leaf carpet on the storage bin on the
passenger side front foot compartment.  Does anyone know if original equipment
came with all autumn carpet, or black?

Seats:
- I'm thinking of ordering Fiero Seats from Tony Barnhill.  Any experiences
here that you can share, good or bad?

- I don't think the leather seats are justified on my B, so I would just like
to get cloth and some good covers for them.  Does anyone have any advice for
GOOD seat covers?

Autumn Leaf vs. Beige:

- What is the difference?

thanks!