Re: Cars with names

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars with names
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:07:02 EDT
In a message dated 19/04/01 7:41:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

>    A quick observation; The world seems to be divided into
> two types of people, those who name their cars and those
> who don't.  In my tender 50 years, I have owned probably
> 40+ cars and have NEVER named any of them.

Yep - and I'm on your side - cars are not people and need no such affectation
as cute names to be enjoyable for me. I'll let you in on another observation
though - having been through this same discussion on other groups, I'd warn
you that the OTHER sort of person - the one that has to name his MGB 'Susan'
or some such, has been known to take grave exception to any suggestion that
such behaviour on his/her part is open to comment, much less crititcism.

So any suggestion that the 'Namers' need to get a life, warm animal, doll,
spouse, whatever, as an outlet for whatever urge makes them name their cars,
may be met with accusations that you are a heartless bastard, run over small
(cute) animals on purpose (we don't of course - those little blighters can
puncture a tire quick as you can say "Meow-squish"), or are a secret Triumph
owner.

You have been warned!

Bill S.
(12 cars, all bereft of precious cognomens)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list