Thanks for the tranny help & come see my new web site

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks for the tranny help & come see my new web site
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:59:15 -0400
Two Parts:

1). Just wanted to thank everyone on the list that responded to my request
for some help in finding a good working tranny for my 73 MGB Black Beauty.
Lost a bearing in it and didn't want to take the time/expense to go through
it. I must have had at least 25 responses with advice AND/OR offers of
transmissions! Priced from $25.00 for a standard used tranny to $1000.00 for
a rebuilt (and tested?) OD, from people I've never met from all over the
country!! What a great bunch of people. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

The main problem was that most people didn't know anything about shipping
and how to get it to me.

I ended up purchasing (what I believe and hope is) a good used one for
$125.00 from a guy that is a hobbyist nearby in  Alabama. He was
independently recommended to me by a couple of listers. He promised to
remove the inspection cover and inspect it, to ship a good one and to
guarantee it to be good or he'll exchange it for another one. Said that he
knew how to ship and that shipping was only $37.00. Haven't actually
received it yet. I'll let you know how it comes out. Didn't care, at least
for now, about OD in that I only drive the B under 2500 miles a year
(classic car insurance restriction too) and that is only locally. Also
didn't want to take the extra time to do the convert. It's SPRING!, and time
to be driving my B, not working on it!!! I'll have plenty of time to do an
OD conversion in the future. My B isn't going anywhere - at least without
me!

In the meantime, I want you to know how much I really do appreciate all the
people that helped!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2). Here's a repeat of my invitation to all listers (and to anyone else) to
come visit my brand new website, see my Black Beauty 73 B roadster and catch
approximately 60, count'em, 60 great
MG links that I've collected. Lots of other various useful links too.

Here's the URL:

http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield/

Just got it up and running. It is still very much incomplete and under
construction - but
it already has a lot of very valuable info in it with all the links.  More
coming!

Send me some of your good links - or anything else that you believe might be
of interest!

Let me know what you think!

Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster