Rocker panel replacement.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker panel replacement.
From: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:24:32 -0500
OK, a question for those who have done this. I have just finished replacing
the rocker panel on the passenger side of our B, I'm now removing the old one
on the drivers side to replace it.

The question I have concerns one particular area of the panel, where it
attaches to the car behind the door, inside the dogleg area, the top of the
rocker panel is seamed in between two other panels (hope this is clear).

Now, what is your prefered method of working in this area, do you split the
seam removing all the old metal then sandwich the new rocker panel between the
two panels and re-weld. Or do you leave this seam alone since it is structural
then modify the rocker panel to fit over this area and seam weld it on?

I'm asking because our DPO had split the seam on the passenger side, so I
sandwiched the new panel in and seam welded everything. The drivers side
though he hasn't cut this section off yet and I'm not sure that his way was
the best/easiest.

Thanks in advance.

MikeB

///