Rolling a rear fender

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rolling a rear fender
From: "Bill Mills" <williem@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:27:09 -0400
I need to increase the clearance between my rear fender and the rear tire so
I can run the western alloys that I bought.  Who has done the ball bat
trick??  I want to try it and roll the inner flange on the rear fender ('74
'BGT running Dunlop SP20's).  Do I cut the flange first before I roll it
with the ball bat?  I remember reading a while back that you incrementally
use the larger part of the bat so you roll it a little each time.  What else
do I need to know??

If rolling the flange is not enough, I would like to actually flare the
fender. Is it just a continuation of the larger part of the bat as rolling
the flange??

Your help is appreciated.  I want to be able to run these alloys,  right now
I can only get them on the front and I still have my rusty rostyles on the
rear.

Bill Mills
Raleigh, NC

///