Re: Oil Sender Hose / How low is too low?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Sender Hose / How low is too low?
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:03:45 -0500
Seems like oil hoses are making a comeback. My late model Oldsmobile has
one. A buddy of mine had one go out on a Caddy Northstar engine. He said
there was a warning, but the engine was toast by the time he pulled over.
The bill for a new engine was $15K, luckily it was covered by warranty.

 My B's hose leak brought the oil level down one quart below the fill line
(2 quarts below the full line) before I discovered it. I never noticed any
drop on the pressure gauge (of course I don't watch the gauges constantly).
I assume no damage was done, does the list concur? How low can the oil go
before you get in trouble?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470