Re: First test drive

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: First test drive
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:17:38 -0400
>I did the heart attack thing.

Reminds me of when I had completed the rebuild on my 67's engine ( I had
not attempted anything harder than gapping spark plugs before that and felt
only half confident at that). I had it towed ("Hello, AAA? My car won't
start") to my mechanics to have him help me get it started right the first
time. when the moment came to turn the key I immediately heard a 'BANG BANG
BANG BANG BANG'...... While I was doubled over with stomach pains next to
the car my mechanic found the fan had been hitting the generator bracket
due to maladjustment. In about two minutes the car roared to life and has
been perfect since then, my stomach however hurt all into the evening.

Carl French
67B
80B

///