Problems solved!

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Problems solved!
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:01:26 -0700
Well thanks to my best friend Mark who stopped by tonight with some much
needed parts, the 78B is back on the road.  First we installed an O ring
for the leaky SU float cover on the Hif 4.  Next we attached a power
wire to a white ignition wire in the engine bay and fused it with 5 amp
fuse and followed the tranny harness to the blue wire on the gear shift
knob switch.  Bingo, O/D now works!!  Bled the brakes and mounted the
tires and inflated. Connected the temp gauge to the original wire and
removed the mechanical gauge PO had installed.  Started her up and took
her for a spin!!  Now what I"d  like to do is get the original wires for
the one side coming from and going to the Gear Shift Switch.  If anyone
has this available let me know.  Thank God for Mark. I was really
frustrated with not getting any responses from anyone on this.   However
I understand why.  You had to be here to see the mess the PO had left
with the gerry rigging of wiring. I'm sure some of you were miffed by my
descriptions as well.  Now I can relax and work on the little things
that need to be done on both cars.  I drove the 70B to work today and it
is running great.  Next major project is the tranny swap from 4 speed to
O/D on the 70B. Anyone want to come watch and have a good laugh on that?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list