Re: Working on modern cars (was daily driver)

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com, mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Working on modern cars (was daily driver)
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:27:42 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/01 11:14:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

> The disguise that desire in a shroud of 'safety' or 'emissions
> compliance' issues

Do any of you remember 1973 when all new cars in the US came devices on the
carb adjustments to prevent DIY tampering.  This was bu Gov. mandate.

> issue; The manufacturer wants
> you back into the dealership whereyou can be preyed upon -- for service
> and/or for new car marketing.

Yes, the service writers are on comission.  They recently tried to fix
non-existant oil leaks on my SUZ while it was in for an ABS recall.  Don't
ask.

The scariest words in the world.
" I'm from your government, and I'm here to help you."

George

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list