MGB-GT and sugar

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: MGB-GT and sugar
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:45:11 -0500
Hi Gang,
   Yesterday was a funny day.  I bought the remaining bits
to finish off my B-GT, including some nice quartz halogen
headlights, and a new windscreen washer pump -- then
learned that I have diabetes. :-]  Quirky up-and-down
day.  However, anyone who can put up with the quirks
of an LBC can certainly handle a little sugar problem!
Such is life.
   Tonight, I hope to add the washer pump and get it
plumbed.  I installed the Trico bottle last weekend and,
get this, THE HEATER!  Yes, the restoration went without
a hitch.  I still marvel at just how good a part can look
after a really good coat of paint and new 'stickers.' :-)
Pictures coming...
   Have any of you used the rubber bladders that are
slosh-painted on the interior of a fuel tank?  Are they
worth using when the tanks is still strong but has a little
<internal> surface rust -- enough to make the fuel
kinda nasty?

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research