Re: Replacement Seat Belt Help

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Seat Belt Help
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:13:44 -0700
I've had a set of these on my '65 since 1986, and I just installed a set
in my daughter's GT.  Occasionally the belt will balk when pulling it
out, but this is usually due to the vehicle being parked on an incline
or pulling too fast.

If you pull the belt to the end very hard you could jam the mechanism.
Try removing the reel and see if you can work it loose.  If you have the
arrows on both knobs (there are two knobs, you used the singular in your
post so be sure to check both) properly set and it still doesn't work,
get a replacement from VB.  Mine have worked well for 15 years, and they
will go in all our MGBs as they hit the road.  They are the only
retractable three point belts I've found that are designed for universal
application.  Got to give those Brits credit!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list