Re: 80 MGB brake master cylinder

To: Phillip Farmer <pilot@ccc-cable.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 80 MGB brake master cylinder
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:32:04 -0700
Phil,
I recently went through this on my 79 B.
I thought, as did my mechanic, that he had rebuilt the master.
I could not get the rear brakes to work at all.
Eventually, he just replaced the master cylinder with a different, new unit.
Brakes now work, but, just like before, the pressure differential switch is
hanging limply somewhere in the engine bay.
Before I took the brakes apart to do the rear end swap, there was just a bolt in
place of the switch.
YMMV, but I'd say just go for a new matster, don't chance it.
Mike Jose

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list