Re: Looking for opinions/advice

To: "Greg Bass" <bass_c@bellsouth.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for opinions/advice
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:14:50 -0400
Complete engine rebuild is a variable definition.

One man puts in new valve guides, oil pump and flywheel bolts
without question, another checks everything and replaces only out
of factory spec items, then another replaces only out of wear
limit spec items, and finally there's the valve lap, piston ring
and all new bearings/seals guy.

Ball park quotes are OK, but labor rate and track record is more
to the point. Is the crank salvageable? Is the engine on it's last
oversize? Any magnafluxing, weight balancing, machining or
blueprinting? ($3500 should cover a lot).

And the parts - if the mechanic buys them he will pass them on to
you at 100% retail.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug