RE: valve noise

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: valve noise
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:49:54 -0400
I have to give you credit. That was a VERY good response. Right on. Couldn't
have done better myself! I learned all that while the Service Manager for a
Toyota dealership back in the 70's. In addition to intermediate shaft gears
shearing, cracked cylinder heads, burned valve seats and premature timing
chain wear, we had some similar valve train problems too (that were of
lesser severity to the other problems that I mentioned). I can't understand
how Toyota survived with all the problems that they had back then. It was
really serious! MG never had all of those kinds of serious problems - and
they DIDN'T survive. What a shame. I guess there's just no justice.

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net
website- http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield