Re: MG's Kick Porsche's Butt at Mid-Ohio

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>,
Subject: Re: MG's Kick Porsche's Butt at Mid-Ohio
From: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:07:30 -0400
On 6/24/01 11:54 PM, James H. Nazarian, Ph.D.  <microdoc@apk.net> wrote:

>A very sweet sounding MGB won the class race today at the Mid-Ohio SVRA!
>Nice win because Porsche was the feature car, so there was a large field
>of very able challengers. He out pulled them, picking up 2 seconds per
>lap on the field's best challengers. But, he also out handles and out
>brakes them. Congratulations to whoever he is.

Ahh! I missed you again! That's two or three events we've both been to
this year and didn't bump into each other. I'd kinda like to put a face
to the name. We were the only red MGA in the infield on Saturday, right
beside the gravel access road. I wandered through the 'Bs, but they
didn't have names on the registration cards at Mid-Ohio.  Maybe next
time. Sunday we actually got selected for final judging at the concourse!
Sorta embarrassed me, as I was moved to the judging paddock between a
Ferrari 328 and a Porsche 928. A Jaguar XK-140 FHC won the judges choice
for classic (pre-'80), and the Ferrari won for contemporary car.

I was there Saturday and Sunday, and also watched the MGB pulling away
from the #20 Porsche 356. The Porsche started out in the #5 spot and
moved up, but not as quickly as the 'B. I was particularly watching it,
because #20 was the car my four year old picked as her car during the
qualifying Saturday, so I wanted to see how well it did Sunday. Great
race, and great day overall. Wasn't any 'As there this year, though. How
about those GTP cars!

See you sometime,
Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio