Re: Fuse keeps blowing

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuse keeps blowing
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:51:3 -0400
Another trick is to connect an ohm meter between ground and each point
where there's power, one by one.  Be sure to disconnect your battery
first!  There should be infinite resistance (not connected at all) between
a power source and ground because if there's anything close to zero resistance,
then there's a dead short which will blow a fuse.  The benefit of this
method is that you can connect the ohm meter to the power wire before a gauge
and after the gauge and determine if the short is in the gauge or the wire
going
to it.

Denise