Re: Tonneau Covers

To: AGreenberg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tonneau Covers
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:16:02 EDT
Hi,
Theres a fella on the East Coast thats supposed to be really great with used
MG and other sports car items. I am in much the same situation as you. I went
on eBay.com and came close, real close to spending upwards of $100.00 for a
"like new" Tonneau the seller went so far as to say it had never been used.
I've gone the route you're on now, putting the word out to MG Clubs, MG
lists, British car groups,etc. Finally with the weather getting sunnier and
the top (Hood) just getting in the way, I settled for a Boot cover (Half
Tonneau) just to be able to put the hood (Top) down and not have the car look
"ratty" (Looks really nice now) I paid a total of $30.00 for the Boot cover
and that was all inclusive Part, S&H and insurance. Out of eBay.com, the next
day a friend who barely had heard of my plight offered to "give me" his Boot
cover (half tonneau) until I didn't need it. I showed him what I'd purchased
and he said, "Cool..." thats how it goes. If I were doing it all over, I
don't think I'd do it any different. Just enjoy yourself. I, too remember
when new Tonneaus were $75.00, Hoods (Tops) were $100.00. Now Tops are
$500.00 whew! Wonder how much a Mercedes top is selling for, probably-----$
750.00? Albert Escalante

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list