Overdrive Question

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Question
From: Ruggiero Larry Lt Col AFRC/XPXS <Larry.Ruggiero@AFRC.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:27:19 -0400
Hi gang-- quick question.  In cleaning and prepping my overdrive tranny for
installation, I noticed that 2 of 8 nuts are missing on the
overdrive-to-adaptor joint.  There's not enough room between the end of
their studs and the adaptor housing to thread new nuts back on.  So I
checked my factory manual, which basically says that, when disassembling the
overdrive from the tranny, remove those nuts from the studs and pull the
overdrive assembly off the adaptor (after removing the U-joint flange, which
I already have).  Is it really that simple to pull the O-drive off the
adaptor enough (after backing off the remaining 6 nuts) to create enough
space to install the 2 nuts?  Those tranny and O-drive illustrations look
awful complicated and scary...

LtCol Larry Ruggiero
HQ AFRC/XPXS
Robins AFB, GA