Re: end float front hub B

To: "Gordie's garage" <MGgarage@flashmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: end float front hub B
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:12:13 +0100
Hi, Gordie.

The end float is the amount by which the hub assembly moves in and out in
relation to the stub axle.
I have a dial gauge with a magnetic stand so I just stick the stand on the
outer face of the brake disc. then, I place the dial gauge on the end of the
stub axle so that the gauge is on the same axis as the stub axle certreline.
Then, it's just a case of levering the hub/disc outwards, zeroing the gauge
and then pushing the hub assembly back inwards to get a reading.
If you can't get a gauge with a magnetic base, you could use one of the
wheelstuds as the reference point for a bolt-on stand.

Have fun!
Dave Hill
'72 BGT in UK