Re: NO3 in a B + turbo(s)?

To: Scott Allen <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: NO3 in a B + turbo(s)?
From: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:15:43 -0500
Mayan I throw in a small additional question to try and acquire some of the
vast spread of knowledge here?

If I should happen to be considering adding a little power to a 1967 B
engine and had decided a turbo may be the easiest way (also possibly the
best $ to BHP ratio), without compromising drivability or reliability too
much, what would your opinions be on these options?

1. Use a blow-through system using a sealed SU from a Maestro Turbo suitably
re-jetted.
2. Use a draw-through system using a single 1 3/4" SU.
3. Use two small draw-through turbos using the existing twin 1 1/2" SUs.

Assume I could make all necessary manifolds, adaptor plates etc. What size
turbos would I need to give a reasonably smooth increase in power through
the normal driving rev range - say, boost starting to come on at 1200rpm,
max boost at 3000rpm or so? I have been told that I could use 5psi boost on
a high compression engine safely and 6-7psi on a low compression without
altering them - do you agree?

Just for academic interest of course! :-)

MikeB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list