Re: Tranny leak (gotta love these cars!)

To: barak@voyager.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny leak (gotta love these cars!)
From: "Tuck Southworth" <tsouthworth70@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:42:08 -0400
Chris,
>From the sound of it I'd guess the rear seal let go.  If it did, it will
only get worse until you replace it.  No need to pull the transmission, but
you do need to pull the engine, and then the clutch to get at the seal.  If
you let too much time go by before replacing the seal, the clutch will get
covered in oil and start to slip.  Most people who go to the trouble to
replace this seal simply replace the clutch also.

Good Luck,
Tuck Southworth
70 B hers
55TF all mine