RE: what's your 62-67 MGB water temps?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: what's your 62-67 MGB water temps?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:56:57 -0700
(Shorter version)  If it ain't pukin', keep on drivin'.

> Basic rule of thumb?  (short version) If coolant isn't being
> released by
> the cooling system your in pretty good shape.  Assuming you
> have coolant
> in the system!
>
> Larry Hoy

Useful content.   My 65B is running 165 degrees on the gauge.  165
thermostat.  The hottest I have seen is 175, pulling into the pits in 100
degree weather.  The radiator has some mega thick core in it, about 1"
thicker than stock.  It came out of an ex-SCCA car.

        My old street 65 would peg the gauge going up hills, but the coolant
always stayed where it was supposed to.

        After watching a friend fault find the cooling system on his Marcos,
I'm of the opinion that these newfangled infra-red temperature meters are a
great idea.

        The Marcos is really scary, the owner stuffed into it the 2.8L Ford
V6 that came out of my MGBGT.  Backed with an auto trans, the plywood flyer
is truly a monster.  The modified MGB radiator and driveshaft dropped right
into the car.  Only the headers had to be somewhat modified.

Kelvin Dodd.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list