Re: New list member

To: "rui gigante" <rgigante@oninet.pt>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New list member
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:59:14 -0500
Rui writes:

> Hi gang,
>
> I'm new to the list and I would like to introduce myself.
> My name is Rui Gigante, I'm 36 and I live in Portugal.

   ...but he doesn't look a day over 29! :-)  And his wife
looks 18! :-)

> My interest in MG's (and in cars, in general) dates from,
> well, since I can remember :-).

   He is understating this point.

   In case you can't guess, Rui is a good personal friend. :-P

   We went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed together
earlier this summer.  He really NEEDS an LBC to return
the sanity to his life that his job at the bank tries to take
from him.

   All teasing aside, Rui is a really good guy.  He is strongly
dedicated to preserving and DRIVING these classic cars.
That wins him favor with me right from the start as I know
it will with a great number of ListMembers!

> I'm about to make a long time dream come true: to own
> a classic. And a MG B or A is on the wish list .... so I
> look forward to speaking to you all !!

   Just wait until you hear the prices of MGAs and Bs in
Portugal!  Freightening, and not just a little frustrating
for Rui!  Someone here needs to set up a deal with Rui
to inport a "B" (or two) to Portugal for him!

> I'll post a few questions shortly.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Rui Gigante
> Porto - Portugal