RE: One more time...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One more time...
From: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:37:39 -0700
For those interested, the dilemma is that the plug snapped below the hex
portion, leaving a good bit stuck in the engine.  Tomorrow I'm going to try
to get it out without a teardown, but I'm expecting to have to pull the
head...

Wish me luck all, and thanks for the many suggestions.

Chris "I've had better days" Chandler
'70 MGB Roadster (distributor in several pieces)
'87 Toyota Tercel (broken/stuck sparkplug)
'92 GMC Jimmy (in shop for fried electricals)

[snip]

> > If the preceding assumption is correct I would add a couple of steps to
> > this suggestion.
>
> > ) Put in the 3 new plugs using anti sieze and warm the engine before
> > attempting to use the ez-out.
> >
> > 2) After sucessfuly removing the stub use a small magnet pencil
> that will
> fit through the hole to remove as much debris as possible from
> the cylinderg.
>
> 3) Flood the cylinder with oil and turn the engine over to push
> out the oui
> and somne more debris .
>
> 4) Install the new plug and pray if you believe.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list