Re: Engine Cleaning

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Engine Cleaning
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:23:25 -0400
Dan,
  Gunk will make a big mess on the driveway, and it will smell on sunny
days for weeks. Despite the label, it will take off paint as quickly as
grease, and it will fade the paint that does not peel off.
  If the engine is really dirty, I would take it to a shop or a carwash
that has a hot water or steam cleaner to get off the worst crud, then
follow on the details with paint thinner in a spray bottle and a few
rolls of paper towelling.
Bob

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:58:02 -0700 (PDT) Dan DiBiase
<d_dibiase@yahoo.com> writes:
> I want to use 'Gunk' or a similar substance to clean up a
> recently-purchased engine. What will this do to my driveway when I
> wash it
> off? Any precautions I ought to take? Just don't want to have any
> big old
> stains on there... Thanks...
> =====
> Dan DiBiase