Re: Rusted Clevis Pin

To: Ken Waringa <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Rusted Clevis Pin
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 21:18:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Ken Waringa wrote:

> I'm trying to remove the brake master cylinder from my 66 MG 1100.  The clevis
> pin holding the master cylinder to the pedal is rusted tight.  there isn't
> much room to work up under there.  I was able to get the clutch master
> cylinder out, but the brake master cylinder won't budge.  The cotter pin broke
> off on both sides.  I just soaked it down with Kroll again.  Any suggestions
> on getting this think out would be appreciated.  There isn't room to get a
> drill or cut-off tool in there, already tried that.

Two things I've used are useful for getting into small places: a dremel
but I suspect that is what you meant by cut-off tool and for really
difficult places, a dental drill. No fooling. A dental drill has a long
flexible shaft. I believe Dremel also sells a similar type of flexible
shaft with the bit at the end.

Bill
'76B

///