Non LBC - Tuesdays events

To: "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LBC - Tuesdays events
From: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:27:03 -0400
I was in Canada on business when the terrorist attacks occurred this past
Tuesday.  I couldn't get out to return home because the airports were all
closed, so I finally managed to get a car and drive back last night.  When I
got up this morning and went into my e-mail, I was quite moved by the volume
of messages from the list on what had happened.  I feel compelled to write
as well.

First, it was the most disconcerting and helpless feeling I have ever had to
be out of the country watching a tragedy unfold that was affecting my
country and that was as horrific as it was senseless.  I could not call
anyone as all lines were tied up.  I could not return home because no
flights were going anywhere and the borders were closed.  I could only watch
TV monitors and feel helpless.

However, I was able to take solace in the wonderful outpouring of sympathy
and support I received from everyone in Canada that I came into contact
with.  Believe me when I say that they were all genuinely anguished by what
had happened to us.

Second, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to all of the non-US listers
who wrote in support of the US.  As I read message after message this
morning, I was again able to find some solace in knowing that we do  have
many good friends around the world.

Finally, like most Americans, I am angry beyond belief at the senseless loss
of life that occurred on Tuesday and I want to see the US take bold,
decisive action, not another wrist-slap response, to bring all of the
perpetrators to justice, including any and all countries that harbor
terrorists and condone terrorism.  However, in spite of my anger and natural
desire for revenge, I also hope that we, as a country, do not react too
quickly and do something that could end up hurting the US even more.  We
have seen that happen all too often in the past.  But this time, finally,
world opinion is on our side.

Will Brien

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list