Re: Voltage regulator logic

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Voltage regulator logic
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:37:21 +0100
Hang on a bit, Enrique started out by saying he was trying to get his fuel
gauge fixed:

"Hello List,  I have been trying to revive my Fuel n Temp gauge. I have
tested the green cable that connects to the voltage regulator and I get
solid 12V. The light green/green gives 2 volts and oscillates to about 1.4
and back to 2V..."

He's talking about the instrument voltage stabiliser not the output of
generator or alternator.

Enrique - disconnect the light-green/green from the stabiliser.  If you
still only get about 2v output whilst having 12v input then it definitely is
the stabiliser.

PaulH.