Ignitor Ignition System Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignitor Ignition System Question
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:50:58 -0500
I just bought the Pertronix Ignitor for my '71 B. The instructions are a
little skimpy. I'm concerned about where the timing is going to wind up
after it's installed. Will it be close enough to start the engine? Can the
timing be rough set statically before starting the engine? (I'm guessing
when the Ignitor decides to fire it interrupts the coil current for a short
fixed pulse that a light bulb won't be able to detect.)

IMHO: I can't wait to get rid of the points. Points are a pain and they
alway have been (in any car).

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470