MGA coolant loss after driving........

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA coolant loss after driving........
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:03:18 EDT
I just noticed over the weekend that every time I get home and park the MGA
after a little driving that after 3 or 4 minutes i have a small leak of
coolant on the driveway. I just had a rebuilt engine installed and a new
radiator as well. I believe the leakage may be coming from the overflow valve
on the radiator. This only seems to leak after the car has been shut off for
a few minutes. I don't notice it when its running (I checked for drips when
its idling). Its not a big loss of coolant but its a small puddle. Any ideas
on this one guys? I have a 4 LB PSI radiator cap installed. Should I go for
the 7 LB one to curb this problem? Do you suppose its just releasing pressure
after the engine is shut off ? I am a little dumbfounded on this

                            Thanks........Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///