Chrome strip on wing

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome strip on wing
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:44:58 +0100
How do you remove the chrome strip on the wing of a 78BGT? Ours has a bit of
rust appearing just below it, above the front right hand side wheel. I was
assuming I just prise the strip off and then set to with the sand paper and
rust killer, then spray it in and clip the strip back on. I am just too
scared to get a screw driver under the strip and start levering! I'm worried
I'll wreck it.

Other news, the dreaded smoke problem still seems to be there. After finding
that the overdrive oil had been leaking onto the exhaust, and tightening up
the cover bolts I thought we would be smoke free at 70mph now. Nope...took
it along the motorway the other evening. Fine for 10 minutes and then the
engine starts fluttering and smoking badly out the back. I am wondering
whether re-ducting that breather pipe to the carbs was not a good idea after
all. I think that above a certain rpm oil flies out of this pipe and then
makes a load of smoke. I have tried everything and can't get it to stop. I'm
still not sure if it is smoke out of the exhaust or from under the car.

Scott

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com