Re: Stuck Starter / Lube

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Starter / Lube
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:19:50 -0500
I've always wondered about lubing the starter. I never heard of anyone
lubing
their starter, but there's plenty of mechanism there to wear and rust. Would
it be
a good idea to hose it down with WD40, followed by a more substantial
lubricant?

BTW: I'm still looking for a good aerosol lubricant. I just bought a can of
gun oil, but
it turned out to be just another thin "petroleum distillate" like all the
others. I'm looking
for an aerosol replacement for the old oil can. Would chain lube fit the
bill? I noticed
this stuff comes in a spray can.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com