Re: New MG advertising problem

To: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Subject: Re: New MG advertising problem
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:51:43 -0800
        Speaking as an American, I find MG's situation completely revolting.
Ted should probably dress up as an indian and throw tea in the harbour.

        The situation he describes *is* censorship -- of the most egregious
type. If you're going to give some board say over advertising, they
should be required to approve the ads before they go on the air, not
have the power to come in afterwards and censor them. If they indeed
banned the ads after a single complaint, that seems truly excessive.

        -- Dave, who's even happier to be in the USA

Robert.Haigney@anixter.com wrote:

> What's everybody else's view on this, doesn't seem too bad to me......
>
> PETROLTED RANTS
> He's really angry this time. Does the ASA's latest ruling on MG's ads
> constitute censorship or should
> Ted just lay off the beer?
>
> http://www.pistonheads.com/rants/default.asp?storyId=3167

///