Hood (bonnet) release cable backup?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood (bonnet) release cable backup?
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:29:36 -0500
I replaced the hood release cable on my 1980 MGB yesterday.  While I was
doing it, I remembered some discussion suggesting the addition of a
nylon cable tie so there would be something to grab if the cable broke.
I looped a cable tie around the hood release lever, but it looks like it
could get pulled into the radiator fan.  It also doesn't seem too
secure, and could fall off if the cable breaks where it connects to the
release lever.  Does anyone have a picture or a description of how to
set this up?  I remember having a hard time getting into the trunk when
the lock broke, and I'd prefer to be prepared this time.  Thanks.

--Steve Shoyer (1980 MGB)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///