RE: Virus question?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Virus question?
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:00:49 -0500
Mark, You didn't say whether this is a personal home computer or an office
computer that's a client on a company network. It does make a difference. If
it is a corporate client then there may also be virus protection located on
your company email server that is stopping any infected emails. If it is
located at home, do you perform regular scans on the HDD? If configured to
scan email & attachments then the AV application will check any attachment
before you open it. I would also suggest to you (and others) that with the
proliferation of new virus, updating once a month is not often enough. At a
minimum I thing 2 weeks is a better time frame. If Norton's is functioning
correctly and configured correctly, then consider yourself lucky. :-)

Greg

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///