Abingdon

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Abingdon
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:31:21 -0700
Yesterday, as part of my software publishing business, I received an order
from a gentleman in Abingdon (England, not Illinois). So in my reply, I
threw in a comment about him being in the MG homeland. And I mentioned my MGs.
His reply:

>I'm jealous, I live in the home town of the MG works and haven't seen a
>single one, since driving past the old works back in 1986.  They used to
>stretch for miles at the side of the A34.  The closest I ever got to one
>was taking a ride in one of my sister's ex boyfriend's MGB GT in 1966, we
>were on our way to watch the World cup final.

I know MGs are a scarce sight here in Montana. But I thought they would
still be a common site, at least in England and perhaps some areas of the
US.  For those of you in the UK, is this correct? Is the site of a MG
roadster a rare thing?

David
67 BGT
72 B (under restoration)