blasphemy?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: blasphemy?
From: aaronw@wsu.edu
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:29:34 -0800 (PST)
In my previous message (in the topic of winterizing cars), I mentioned
the grins of reaching over the windscreen to de-ice it with my gloves,
as the "washer had crapped out".  It was the motor that crapped out,
not the fluids of course...

Looks as if it had happened to the PO, who had (apparently) replaced
the Lucas unit with an AMCO plastic cased jobber.  It makes noise, but
doesn't do any pumping.

Since a new pump is cheap in the scheme of things, I bought one (and
this is where my wandering "tale" draws to a close).

The new pump came in the familiar green and white box with the oh so
dreaded (though not by me) "Lucas" label on it.

On the bottem, a small sticker is labeled

 "Partnumber: GWW125
  MOTOR & PUMP
  MADE IN JAPAN"

(this covers another sticker with a differing part number, and another
"Made in Japan" announcement).  How the heck am I supposed to make fun
of British electrical components when they aren't even British
anymore!

BTW, the new pump works quite well.  Next up: replace the license plate
illumatation that a PO decided my car didn't need. Maybe some day I will
have reverse lights too.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///