Re: X mas shopping in a Bugeye

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: X mas shopping in a Bugeye
From: "NSippel" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:51:06 -0500
Had a similar experience last Friday.  Driving my MGB on Rt. 1 (Post Rd.) in
Westport, CT, top down, light sweater over cotton shirt, sun warming my face
when suddenly - the radio starts playing a Christmas carol.  What's wrong
with this picture???????  Did I fall asleep & am I in Florida already?
Well, I'll be there soon enough to enjoy the beach (not the Gulf water thank
you.  I little too much like the Atlantic off Cape Cod in August.) & the
heated pool.  But, this is the latest I have ever put the "winter" hardtop
on my B.  It usually goes on over Thanksgiving weekend.

Even today, it was sunny & warm enough that if I had the time & the h.t. was
still in the basement, I would have been driving topless.  Topless car that
is.

Norm Sippel, Warm in CT
'66 MGB
'59 Turner